Quality Assurance Technician – Engineering
Quality Assurance Technician Available – Based in the S74 area – Full time Permanent – £26,000 to £28,500 per annum
Are you a Quality Assurance Technician based in the South Yorkshire area looking for a new opportunity? We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician based in the S74 area of South Yorkshire for one of the largest mobile elevating manufacturing companies. To be a Qualifty Assurance Technician you will have needed to have the previous experience as it is a technical position.
£26,000 to £28,500 per annum
Monday to Thursday 7:30am until 4:30pm Friday 7:30am until 1:30pm
· Bonus Structures available
· 25 Holidays + STATS
· Westfield Health – for dental, optical etc. (Additional Membership available for Partners, paid for by employee. Kids membership included for free)
· Reward Gateway – Discounts on retailers
· Free Onsite Parking
· 5% contributory pension
· Life insurance scheme
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform Weld Audits on designated bay of responsibility.
· Perform Process audits on designated bay of responsibility.
· Perform Dimensional measurement audits on fixtures within the manufacturing process.
· Measurement of production and development Parts, Products, and fixtures.
· Programming of Measurement machines (Faro/ Scanner)
· Perform Inspection of Goods inwards, In-process, and finished product.
· Perform Final Pre-Delivery Inspection of Assembled chassis and Sections.
· Performing Calibration of measurement equipment.
· Raising of Concern notes for internal defective products.
· Performing Containment of defective parts and products.
· Provide support and expertise to designated production bays of responsibility promoting a culture of no fault forward.
· Actively identifying areas of improvement to reduce Scrap and rework of parts.
· 5S Understanding, Implementation and improvement.
· Effective root cause analysis using proven techniques (5why, Ishikawa)
· Attend Stakeholder meetings for Designated bays of responsibility and provide timely feedback and complete actions to agreed time scales.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Visual Weld Inspection Qualification – PCN Level 1
· Experience in manufacturing practices; Welding/Fabrication, Assembly and Pressing.
· Ability to use basic measuring equipment – Vernier, bore micrometre, bore gauges, Go/No Go gauges etc.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
· Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint also Access.
If you are Interested in applying for this position, please provide us with a full Up to date CV and we will try and get back to you within 48 hours of you applying for this role.