CAD/CAM Laser Programmer – Industrial
CAD/CAM Laser Programmer – Barnsley, S74 – Up to £30,000
An exciting, new opportunity to work for a long-standing, family run business as a CAD/CAM Laser Programmer has become available! This role is a Full-Time permanent position. We are interested in speaking with people who are friendly, able to work well in a team and flexible. You’ll be generating new laser/ punch programmes while maintaining the existing programme database. On a day-to-day basis you will communicate with production Managers and support the design team with revisions to DXF’s, ensuring quality, efficiency, and consistency at all times.
The hours of work for this position are 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Laser Programmer Duties:
· Generate laser programs based on the laser schedule and distribute them to the laser operators. Either by issuing a verified standard program or a new program, ensuring the correct DXF’s are selected, and dimensions checked against the product drawings.
· Submit all programs for a final inspection by the design team before being re-leased for manufacture.
· Record issued programs against associated orders in the laser schedule and update their status as programs are completed.
· Adhere to any deadlines set by the scheduling department.
· Liaise with all production managers and laser operators on a regular basis to review production performance and reorganise the laser schedule if required.
· Quarantine and update any programs with processing errors or essential de-sign alterations.
· Record any defective parts or design alteration requests in the design change register.
· Maintain design control by ensuring defective DXF’s and their associated programs are quarantined, updated and archived. Replacement DXF’s should be checked against the previous DXF to ensure amendments have been made in line with the design change register.
· Be aware of manufacturing processes and capability, to enable workable de-signs or develop existing designs to improve nesting, processing, and production efficiency.
· Generate minor 2D CAD revisions to existing designs required for production. Including specified text, artwork, or any other cosmetic variations.
· Implement strategic material planning by identifying large metalwork orders in the production schedule to maximise future sheet utilisation.
· To collaborate within the team to offer new ideas and improvements.
Requirements of the Laser Programmer:
· At least 1 year experience of programming lasers and/or punch machines.
· Competent in using 2D CAD drafting software.
· Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing techniques and materials.
· Experience with AMADA laser/punch machines.
· Experience with AMADA CAM programming suite.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to read engineering drawings.
· Immediate start
· Free onsite parking
· Accessible via public transport
You must provide your own PPE such as Safety Boots (Steel Toe Cap) and Casual Work wear. All equipment for Covid-19 will be given onsite.
If you are interested in the role of Laser Programmer, please apply with your CV today, we will aim to get back to you within 1 working week.